As an Irish owned group, we are committed to providing residential Care Services that consistently met the specific needs and expectations of residents and their relatives, providing a programme of health that ensures optimal quality of life. We are confident that FirstCare is bringing a new outlook to Nursing Home care in Ireland and personal choice lies at the heart of our ethos.
Everything we do is determined by our “Person Centred” approach to providing quality care in a warm, secure and homely environment. FirstCare sets new standards of care and accommodation with enhanced lifestyle programmes and a very real commitment to our resident’s privacy, dignity and wellbeing.
You may have noticed that we use the butterfly as our symbol. The Chinese philosopher Lao Tsu once said
“What the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world call the butterfly”.
Our homes symbolise this promise by offering each individual an exciting and fulfilling new beginning to the next phase in their life.
FirstCare was established in 1998 and now employees over 400 staff in six Nursing Homes in Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow. We are dedicated to developing quality environments which enable residents to enjoy life to the full, as individuals, in happy, comfortable and safe surroundings. Our purpose is to create secure communities in our homes to enhance each resident’s quality of life.
Expert care is always close at hand and each FirstCare home has access to a professional support team which includes Doctors, Physiotherapists, Opticians, Dentists and Chiropodists. Residents can choose to have their own Doctor provide their medical care or be cared for by one of Doctors attending our homes.
FirstCare is committed to providing Person Centred care in accordance with evidence based practice. We will ensure that all our residents live in an environment that is comfortable, safe and clean with the greatest dignity, support and respect possible awarded to them by appropriately qualified and trained staff. We value the resident’s physical, social, spiritual and psychological well-being and will strive to become familiar with, retain, share and enjoy the individual personhood of residents living with us.
PERSON CENTERED CARE
FirstCare is commited to promoting a person centered organisational culture where employees are interacted with and managed in a person centered way at all times. This organisational culture permeates through the FirstCare nursing homes and impacts on how employees in turn approach their work and interact with residents in a person centered way. Our staff understand the oranisational expectation and importance placed on us providing person centered care to residents living in FirstCare homes.
FirstCare is committed to promoting a person centered organisational culture where employees are interacted with and managed in a person centered manner at all times. This organisational culture permeates through the FirstCare homes and impacts on how employees in turn approach their work and interact with residents in a person centered way. Staff understand FirstCare’s expectations of them and the importance placed on providing person centered care which is driven by the desires and preferences of residents while simultaneously meeting care needs. With residents, staff and families working together we make everyday life in the nursing home social, stimulating, engaging and as enjoyable as possible for everyone.
With FirstCare’s person centered care culture you can expect that:
- You are given more choice regarding the type of care you receive and the types of activities offered for you to partake in
- Decisions regarding your care are made in a collaborate manner involving you and your appropriate significant others
- Daily work is organised to be flexible and empower staff to respond to the changing needs and personal desires of all residents
- Staff are encouraged to get to know and develop closer relationships with the residents living with us
- Staff are encouraged to promote special individual person centered moments with residents which creates satisfaction for all involved
- The nursing home environment is designed to provide a more homely, cosy and safe feel for you to enjoy living in
The following underlying principles of person centered care are close to our hearts and minds as we live with and care for our residents:
- Every resident has strengths, gifts and contributions to offer
- Every resident has hopes, dreams and desires
- Every resident is the primary authority on his or her life
- Every resident must be given the opportunity to express preferences and make choices
- A resident’s choice and preferences shall always be considered