Purpose of Position
To deliver hands-on nursing care to residents in a caring respectful and person-centred manner ensuring wherever possible to promote Residents independence and empowerment at all times.
What you can expect in return
- Fair and Competitive Pay (21,000 – 30,000 per Annum)
- Shift premiums for nights and Sunday
- Paid lunch breaks
- Bonus over €2000 per year
- A great working environment
- A company with a great reputation for investing in your learning and development
- Opportunities for progression in an expanding organisation with six nursing homes in Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow
- Great team spirit and camaraderie
- Shift rosters which include:
- Full or part-time hours
- 12-hour day/night shifts
In this job you will
- Be accountable and responsible for high standards of care in the Nursing home.
- Carry out all aspects of care according to the person’s needs, as per his/her agreed care plan
- Carry out care for our residents with dignity, respect and facilitate their optimum independence as much as possible
- Ensure the resident’s nutritional needs are met
- Assist residents with their eating, drinking, dressing, personal hygiene and toileting needs
- Assist residents to mobilise safely, and securely in everyday needs and emergency situations.
- Participate in the delivery of therapy and any other alternative therapies as arranged/prescribed by the Nurse, Social Care Leader or Home Manager
- Observe, listen and engage with the residents and, report any concerns to the Nursing staff.
- Keep accurate and quality records as required under HIQA regulations. Ensure regulatory compliance in respect of HIQA standards, Fire, Health and Safety and Environmental Health
- Be familiar with all statutory instruments of legislation concerning nursing homes and to be familiar with all applicable policies and procedures within the homes
- Communicate with all staff, residents, relatives and visitors to the Home in a manner that will ensure good positive clear outcomes
- Keep up to date on current practices of Care for Older Persons
- Carry out such other duties appropriate to the post as directed by management
- Ensure that the Nursing Home is secure and safe at all times.
- Ideally, a candidate should have the full FETAC Level 5 which is the full 8 modules (full award)
- 6 to 12 months of practical experience in agency/hospitals/in-home care
- At a minimum candidate is required to have the following 3 modules
- Care Skills and
- Care of the Older Person
- Work Experience (200 hours)
- Candidates with no education background in healthcare but with relevant working experience may also be considered
- Up to date, People Moving and Manual Handling Certificate
- Clean background check
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: €€21,000.00 to €30,000.00 / year
Firstcare has been providing nursing home care in Ireland for the elderly and frail for over 14 years. We know what it takes to make sure our residents across all our nursing homes in Ireland live in an environment that is comfortable, safe and clean with the greatest dignity, support and respect possible. We are the leading nursing care homes in Ireland with an excellent reputation for innovation in the area of dementia care. We are completely focused on providing a person-centred approach to care, and achieving the highest standard of dementia care in Ireland.